2007/10/03

Response from "Text Processing"


“Text Processing” is a very good article to read because the author gives us many tips to get better reading and comprehending skills in online courses. Before I took ED4766, I didn’t notice that online education had that many advantages. After read many articles that Lorraine has provided, I fully understand the advantages of online courses are not only to practice our self-directed learning but also to improve our reading and comprehending skills.

I don’t have very good reading skill. It’s not because English is my second language. I have reading problem even on Chinese. The problem I have is not physical but mental. I usually do not pay much attention on reading things; therefore, I always misunderstand the meanings. Coming to Canada and learning another language is a huge challenge for me. It means I have to read many books using another language which I am not familiar with. However, it is not a bad thing. Because the English is not my first language, I have to be careful and speed down my reading. As a result, I have better understanding on reading English even though it’s still not good enough. I think the problem I have is correctable if I pay more attention and speed down my reading a little bit. I will follow the rules and hopefully get fixed after taking this course.

In order to develop my website, from my own experience, the content that I am going to make in my website should be easy to understand, clear and organized. Therefore, the student can enjoy more about my teaching.

Look forward of my website.
Ref:
Gunn, T, & Beaudin, L. C. (2006). Text Processing: Implications for Online Learning. International Journal of Knowledge, Culture and Change Management, 6 (4) pp.89-94

No comments: