2007/09/11

Self- introduction




Hi, everybody. My name is Ai Zheng. I think from the unusual name you can notice that I am not a Canadian. I am an international student from China. My major is Finance. I have studied in Canada for four years. During the four years I have had many different experiences which improved my various skills, such as communication skill, writing skill and cooperation skill. I lived in Calgary for 3 years and went to Mont Royal College there. Last year, I transferred to University of Lethbridge. The reason to choice Lethbridge is because it is a small city which is better for study. I like to live in this city so far. I have many friends and we spend a lot of time together. They are like my brothers and sisters who do not only teach me how to study abroad but also let me know more a bout Canadian culture. We always go gym, listen to the music and go shopping together. I really enjoy my studying life in Canada.

In my opinion the blog should be very useful for online learning. From my own experience, I have my personal blog for many years. Whenever I meet some problem or I need some advices, I write my questions and my worries in my blog. Many people after read my blog would give me some good ideas which helped me to make decision. It is the same idea for online learning. One of the disadvantages of online learning is lack of communication between people. We don’t know anything about our classmates and teacher. The blog makes the distance closer because we can write our thoughts and ideas in our blog. All the people from our class can share their information and give comments to each other. I think it is a good way to know and understand each other. Also, it is a good way to learn more and study more from each other.

It is my pleasure to join our class. I think I will learn a lot from this class. Nice to meet you guys.

1 comment:

ABHIJEET said...

Hi Ai, I’m an international student too and I have to agree with you that University/Studies is so much fun here. Good to know you are enjoying your time here in Canada. I also enjoyed reading through your blog as raise some great points in your post about usefulness of blogging. I feel using blog as an educational tool can be highly motivating for students, especially for those who avoid class participation. It also provides opportunities for students to read other students ideas and express their own. If designed properly I think blogs can used effectively for collaboration and discussion. I believe, blogs can used in a multi-faceted manner to accommodate all learners. Blogs also offer some added advantages over discussion board. Blogs have a performance obligaion that discussion boards typically don’t have.